What if I do not have paystubs and/or copies of my taxes?
The trustee of your bankruptcy needs several things:

  1. Past 60 days of paystubs
  2. Most recently filed state and federal taxes
  3. Bank statement from the date of filing

What happens if you do not have paystubs either because you do not work or you do work but are not provided paystubs (for example someone who is self-employed or on a 1099). And what happens if you filed taxes but do not have a copy or if you did not file taxes because you are not required to?
An affidavit can be provided to the trustee in place of any of the above documentation. If you are working and just do not have paystubs then the affidavit will ask you to state the amount of income you have the past 60 days. If you have had no income the past 60 days the affidavit will simply ask the last date that you were employed. If you did not file taxes last year it will ask the reason that you were not required to file taxes. If you filed taxes and do not have a copy it will ask why a copy cannot be provided.
This affidavit however should not be used to prevent effort in obtaining these documents. If you lost your paystubs, you can contact payroll to get copies. If you lost your taxes, you can call IRS and Missouri Department of Revenue and ask that copies be sent to you. The trustee prefers to see these documents. But it in the case that they are not available, the affidavit can fulfill this requirement.