We Are Open! A & L, Licker Law Firm, LLC is keeping our clients and staff safe from COVID-19. We are open for free phone and video consults during these difficult times.
St. Louis Bankruptcy Attorney | St. Charles Debt Lawyer | Debt Help
"Protect your familiy, not you creditors."
- Do you owe more than you make?
- Are you having trouble paying your mortgage?
- Is your credit card debt out of control?
- Are you facing foreclosure or repossession?
- Do you feel overwhelmed?
- Do you need help?
Unemployment, divorce, poor health, and financial mistakes can leave a person unable to pay bills. If you are having financial problems, you are not alone. In 2010, more than one and a half million Americans filed for bankruptcy. Bankruptcy can offer those who are overwhelmed with debt the opportunity for a fresh start.
Our bankruptcy attorneys at A & L, Licker Law Firm, LLC have expertise in all aspects of Missouri bankruptcy law. If you need help, we can help you determine if filing bankruptcy is a good option for you.
Will Declaring Bankruptcy Help Me?
Bankruptcy is a federal court process designed to provide both individuals and businesses with relief from serious debt problems while treating creditors fairly. The two types of bankruptcy most commonly used by individuals are Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
Bankruptcy may be an option if:
- You pay so much in credit card debt that you cannot pay basic living expenses such as food, utilities and transportation.
- You are using your credit cards to pay off other credit cards.
- You cannot make your minimum monthly credit card payment.
- You are several months behind on your mortgage and cannot catch up on missed payments.
- You are facing foreclosure on your home.
- You have missed car payments.
- You are facing repossession of your car or other belongings.
- Your wages are being garnished.
- You are afraid to answer the phone because of creditor harassment.
When bankruptcy is not right for you, there may be other options. Contact the attorneys at Licker Law Firm at (636) 916-5400 to learn more.
It is not too late to call!
By law, bankruptcy provides an automatic stay on all debts during the bankruptcy process. This means that as soon as the paperwork for a bankruptcy is filed, all collection actions are paused. All foreclosures, garnishments, attachments, lawsuits, collection calls and letters must stop.
If you are facing foreclosure in Missouri or Illinois, call Licker Law Firm immediately at (636) 916-5400. Contact our office to schedule a free consultation. Our attorneys will determine if bankruptcy is right for you and which form of bankruptcy will work for best in your situation. Once you hire us, we will prepare the bankruptcy petition and fill it on your behalf.
For more information, request our free book: Everything You Need To Know About Bankruptcy. The book explains the bankruptcy process in Missouri and how it can help you to get a fresh start.