Jump to navigation Jump to content

What if I Do Not Have Paystubs and/or Tax Returns?

Blog Category:
Morgan R. Teague, Esq.
Comments (0)
What if I do not have paystubs and/or copies of my taxes?
The trustee of your bankruptcy needs several things:
  1. Past 60 days of paystubs
  2. Most recently filed state and federal taxes
  3. Bank statement from the date of filing
What happens if you do not have paystubs either because you do not work or you do work but are not provided paystubs (for example someone who is self-employed or on a 1099). And what happens if you filed taxes but do not have a copy or if you did not file taxes because you are not required to?
An affidavit can be provided to the trustee in place of any of the above documentation. If you are working and just do not have paystubs then the affidavit will ask you to state the amount of income you have the past 60 days. If you have had no income the past 60 days the affidavit will simply ask the last date that you were employed. If you did not file taxes last year it will ask the reason that you were not required to file taxes. If you filed taxes and do not have a copy it will ask why a copy cannot be provided.
This affidavit however should not be used to prevent effort in obtaining these documents. If you lost your paystubs, you can contact payroll to get copies. If you lost your taxes, you can call IRS and Missouri Department of Revenue and ask that copies be sent to you. The trustee prefers to see these documents. But it in the case that they are not available, the affidavit can fulfill this requirement.

Category: Bankruptcy

1 Comments to "What if I Do Not Have Paystubs and/or Tax Returns?"

Its very fine post. I read this post and got many useful information with this post. It contains very informative matter. I would like to come here again. This type of posting should go on.
Posted by Check Stub Template on August 13, 2012 at 01:09 AM

Post a comment

Post a Comment to "What if I Do Not Have Paystubs and/or Tax Returns?"

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.

For Current Clients

Our Locations

St. Charles Office

1861 Sherman Drive
St Charles, MO 63303
Phone: 636-916-5400

At Hwy 94 and Hwy 70.

Get Directions | See Detail

St. Louis Office

3470 Hampton Ave, Suite 101
St. Louis, MO 63109
Phone: 314-353-0834

Close to the corner of Hampton Ave and Chippewa. By appointment only.

Get Directions | See Detail

South & Jefferson County office

7321 S. Lindbergh Ave., Suite 222
St. Louis, MO 63125
Phone: 636-916-5400

Across the South County Mall.

Get Directions | See Detail

Florissant Office (North County)

1281 Graham Rd, Suite 300
Florissant, MO 63031
Phone: 314-921-1880

At North Hanley and Hwy 270.

Get Directions | See Detail

Belleville Office (St. Clair county)

2 Park Place Professional Centre
Belleville, Illinois 62226
Phone: 618-977-9560

On Hwy 159, next to Schnucks.

Get Directions

Granite City Office (Madison County)

3600 Nameoki Rd, Suite 201
Granite City, IL 62040
Phone: 618-977-9560

Across Shop'n Save, by appointment only.

Get Directions | See Detail

Follow Us On